The Story of Chocolate
All Chocolates Are
· Look for chocolate containing no hydrogenated fats and oils.
· Chocolate is considered high-quality if the only added fat
is cocoa butter.
· The best chocolate should be low in sugar.
· Choose a chocolate
with few added ingredients or fillings that are high in fat and
Buy some of your
favorite Honey Essence®
eat it slowly,
savoring every bite. And have a sweet day!
Ingredients of Chocolate
Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, butter oil, soy
Sugar, milk, cocoa butter, chocolate liquor with added soy
lecithin emulsifier and pure vanilla
Sugar, cocoa butter, milk, soy lecithin emulsifier & vanilla
The Story of Chocolate:
Chocolate is the most craved of all foods. Researches in the
Journal of the American Dietetic
Assoc. believe that chocolate’s appeal is a combination of it’s
nutrients and chemical composition, as well as its fat and sugar.
Benefits of Chocolate
· Catechins, antioxidants found in black tea, are believed to
help boost the immune system and prevent heart disease. Dutch
researchers say that dark chocolate contains four times more
catechins than black tea.
· Chocolate seems to contain an antibacterial agent that
prohibits plaque formation.
· Chocolate is very high in proanthocyanidins, the same type
of flavenoid believed to give red wine its heart-healthy benefits.
· Chocolate contains several bioactive substances that may
affect serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain.